Make Peace With Anxiety: New Supportiv Resources Provide Practical Tips And Recontextualize The Experience
BERKELEY, Calif., Feb. 3, 2023
Supportiv, the peer-to-peer network for mental, emotional, and social support, releases a new collection of anxiety resources, to help individuals regain and maintain peace of mind in a nerve-wracking world.
BERKELEY, Calif., Feb. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Supportiv, the pioneer in Conversational Care™ and Precision Peer Support™, publishes today a new collection of anxiety resources, illustrating anxiety's many presentations, and supplementing anxiety-sufferers' paths toward relief.
Uncertainty, daily traumas, and inaccessible emotional support work together in America, to create unsustainable, runaway patterns of anxiety for over 20% of Americans. However, because anxiety's signs and symptoms aren't always common knowledge, anxious patterns may go unrecognized, leaving individuals to suffer.
Anxiety isn't just worry and nervousness, nor is it just panic and crying. Anxiety can be a broad state of nervous system dysregulation, in which cause and effect are hard to untangle. Cognitive, emotional, social, and circumstantial factors play off one another, to create an individual's unique experience of anxiety.
In a similar vein, taking action against anxiety doesn't just mean using willpower or "snapping out of it." Anxiety is never simply "mind over matter" or "all in one's head." On the contrary, there are resources, strategies, and techniques that acknowledge the broader context of one's anxiety. This collection of articles curates such resources.
Supportiv Co-Founder Pouria Mojabi explains why it's important for anxiety-sufferers to overcome the stigma they feel: "Many dismiss anxiety as a weakness–a lack of strength or a sign of impatience when things don't go your way. However, these insults hide the fact that anxiety is a self-protective impulse. To honor that self-protection impulse, I hope people will try working with their anxiety, transforming it into helpful information rather than scary feelings."
On the topic of working with one's anxiety, Supportiv CEO and Co-Founder, Helena Plater-Zyberk speaks to the need for this collection's self-guided anxiety resources: "Anxiety can be a strength–but, it must be managed so that it doesn't cause unnecessary suffering. These articles aim to help anxiety-sufferers understand: it's not your fault, but you're also not powerless. Whether you're ready to take action against anxiety, or just looking to understand your experience, these articles will be helpful companions."
Supportiv's new Anxiety resources (https://www.supportiv.com/anxiety) provide discussion and strategies to help individuals feel less burdened by dread, worry, tension, overwhelm, and other features of anxiety. Topics in the collection include:
- "Yes, I Have Anxiety." How To Talk About It With Others
- Quick Anxiety-Calming Tips
- Eco Anxiety, Climate Change, And BIPOC Mental Health
- How To Deal With Anxiety During COVID and Other Pandemic-Level Crises
- What's Hypervigilance? Definition, Examples, And Causes
- Sunday Scaries: Who Gets Them and How To Deal
- Choosing Music to Calm Anxiety
- Existential Crisis, Anxiety, Or Dread? Inner Tools To Find Relief
- Keep Big Emotions From Snowballing (Worksheet)
- What To Know About Health Anxiety And When To Trust Your Gut
- Get Grounded Through Mindfulness
- Work Anxiety: How To Deal Without Therapy
- Rejection Sensitivity: Signs, Causes, and Healing
- How To Calm A Panic Attack
- Increase Your Tolerance For Emotional Discomfort (Worksheet)
- Beat Anxiety By Connecting With Others
- Meeting New People Despite Social Anxiety
- Having Anxiety About Speaking Your Needs? 3 Ways To Handle It
- Redefining Anxiety: Less Straightforward Symptoms
- You May Have An Anxious Attachment Style In Relationships Without Realizing
- Here's How Your Anxiety Is Lying To You
- Build Assertiveness Skills (Worksheet)
- Digital Anxiety: What It Is And How to Deal
- What If Attention Seeking Isn't The Problem We Tend To Think It Is?
- How To Manage Financial Anxiety
- Make A Personal Emotional Safety Plan (Worksheet)
- APIDA Achievement Anxiety: Rejecting The Rewards Of Perfectionism
- Anxiety and Insomnia: Breaking The Cycle
- Why Am I So Emotional? It Might Not Be A Bad Thing
- Reverse Helplessness and Anxiety
- What Does High Functioning Anxiety Look Like At Work?
Find resources to help yourself understand, manage, and prevent anxiety, at https://www.supportiv.com/anxiety. Or, use Supportiv's online peer support for a helping hand as you weather anxiety's storms.
In addition to its peer-to-peer support network, relevant Supportiv articles and tips also surface in real-time inside its 24/7 peer support chats. By typing a few words in response to the question: "What's your struggle?" users are matched in under a minute to topic-specific peer-to-peer group chats for anonymous support–from fear of missing out to fear of going out, from numbness to panic, from dating to breakups, or from helplessness to overthinking. Even experiences like disability, marginalization, and internalized stigma are up for discussion in Supportiv's anonymous peer support chats.
Supportiv has already enabled over 1.2 million users to feel less lonely, anxious, stressed, misunderstood, and hopeless through its moderator-guided chats with AI-driven content and resource recommendations. See what real users have to say, here: http://www.supportiv.com/users-testimonials.
Christina Beck, Supportiv, 1 800-845-0015, firstname.lastname@example.org